Search This Blog

About This Blog

This blog is primarily cake-recipe based, but, from time to time, I will include some savoury ones too. I also like to write about my travels and encounters, especially if they involve great food. I speak as I find. Opinions expressed are my own, and not sponsored, requested, or paid for by others, unless specifically stated.

Translate this page to your language

Friday 1 July 2011

What's in a word?

 One of the strawberries from our garden


The idea of 'local' and 'local produce' has been in the back of my mind for some time.  Being encouraged by the media to shop local and buy local, has only really come to the fore since the dreaded recession hit.

Read more ...../

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I never saw this tweet! I'm not sure how I'd define local, I think within the county you're in,give or take going over the border to neighbouring counties. If that makes any sense!

    ReplyDelete